News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

Then and Now - Down Memory Lane

Started by Dhary Montecore, 04.09.2016, 16:14:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhary Montecore

Ever wondered how EF looked many years ago? To appreciate today's quality of conventions one must know what it was like back in the days ;D Please note, that this is not meant too serious. It isn't really comparable anymore, as what once was a small furry gathering has become the biggest furry convention outside of the states. This is for entertainment purposes only. :3

The PawPetShow!

The Decoration!

Drinking!

Security!

Motorfurs Meet!

Fursuits!

Breakfast!

Stage!

Dances!

Front Of House!

Alpha_Ki

XD

AWESOME!

Freusburg is still the same, though the breakfast buffett became much much better by now (MMC is taking place there every year).

Furvan

Officer Meow!
King of the unfinished
Lord of Animatronic =^.^=

Mstr f Dstrctn

FURRY 4 LIFE

BigBlueFox

We've come a long way, thanks to the best teamwork I've ever seen in my whole life. :)
Director of Video
Director of EF Prime
Director of Social Media

o'wolf

Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

Furvan

Quote from: Dhary Montecore on 04.09.2016, 16:14:35

Fursuits!

sry German speaking :P

I can only write this in German ;P

*grumpf* Warum haben wir 1997 nicht schon 2016 Suits gehabt... Materialtechnisch war schon alles vorhanden ;>
Officer Meow!
King of the unfinished
Lord of Animatronic =^.^=

Jorinda

Let's save this thread and dig it up at EF 40  :P

Alpha_Ki

Quote from: Jorinda on 09.09.2016, 11:01:46

What EF 40 might look like?
Estrel had opened the third hotel tower and every fursuit is stuffed with FX technics for moving eyes and ears.
And the Dealers' Den will still be to small even with three times the size than the current one. XD

Cairyn

Quote from: Alpha_Ki on 09.09.2016, 12:38:19

Estrel had opened the third hotel tower and every fursuit is stuffed with FX technics for moving eyes and ears.
And the Dealers' Den will still be to small even with three times the size than the current one. XD

Considering the growth, both DD and AS would be 30 times bigger, not just 3... We will need to utilize motor rollers just to get from one end of the display area to the other. There will be a legion of security around at all times just to cover the football field sized halls. And we need Skynet to do the administration for us.

Dhary Montecore

Quote from: Cairyn on 09.09.2016, 16:02:06
There will be a legion of security around at all times just to cover the football field sized halls. And we need Skynet to do the administration for us.

Shhh! It's called L.A.S.S.I.E. and it doesn't like to be called Skynet >.>

Cairyn

Quote from: Dhary Montecore on 09.09.2016, 18:28:30
Quote from: Cairyn on 09.09.2016, 16:02:06
There will be a legion of security around at all times just to cover the football field sized halls. And we need Skynet to do the administration for us.

Shhh! It's called L.A.S.S.I.E. and it doesn't like to be called Skynet >.>

I was thinking of Art Show administration, I don't believe LASSIE will do that for us.
We need a doggy acronym for that application, too, but I didn't find another name with AS in it...

Oh look what you did. Now I can only think of a battle-damaged Terminator Lassie, the endoskeleton showing, being lowered into molten steel...
(and that wasn't even the 80's any more)

Alpha_Ki

Blacktail

Artshow and Dealer´s Den get each a whole floor in the new tower  ;)

Carenath

Quote from: Alpha_Ki on 09.09.2016, 12:38:19

And the convention starts on a Monday with early-early arrival being the previous Friday.
Die Gedanken sind frei. Ausnahme regelt ein Bundesgesetz