Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

tablecloths

Started by BluePaw, 11.09.2011, 12:46:52

Previous topic - Next topic

BluePaw

how many were actually drawn on and then either sold or stolen? xD
i know about 2 or even 3 in numbers. 1 sold at the auction and 2 that got drawn on and then dissapeared, 1 in the bar and 1 out in the lobby. :P

Cheetah

The one sold at the auction was not a table cloth, as far as I know. I still have one tablecloth from one of the tables in the lobby with lots of MLP scribbles on it that was handed to me by the hotel manager in person. Together with the bill for everything that the furries have spoiled, destroyed or drawn on.

So, people, if you read this: IT IS NOT COOL. Drawing on tablecloths means you are destroying hotel property. Now, a tablecloth is not the most expensive thing in the world, but stuff like this adds up with all other damages, which cost us quite a bit of money, and it gives us a bad reputation. Don't do it. If you have the urge to be creative, please go to con ops, and get yourself a sheet of paper.

yours,

Cheetah

Miles T.F. Baxxter

Wait, you can get free paper from the con ops? Sweet!

I bought some underwear at the art show that some furs had doodled on, but I'm guessing / hoping that didn't belong to the hotel.

James The Dog

Do you have another link to that underwear picture? That one's hidden behind the FA mature filter...

Zefiro

Quote from: James The Dog on 11.09.2011, 17:36:55
Do you have another link to that underwear picture? That one's hidden behind the FA mature filter...
-> Here <- is a way to gain access to FA mature pictures.

*purrrr*

BluePaw

Quote from: Cheetah on 11.09.2011, 14:32:24
The one sold at the auction was not a table cloth, as far as I know. I still have one tablecloth from one of the tables in the lobby with lots of MLP scribbles on it that was handed to me by the hotel manager in person. Together with the bill for everything that the furries have spoiled, destroyed or drawn on.

So, people, if you read this: IT IS NOT COOL. Drawing on tablecloths means you are destroying hotel property. Now, a tablecloth is not the most expensive thing in the world, but stuff like this adds up with all other damages, which cost us quite a bit of money, and it gives us a bad reputation. Don't do it. If you have the urge to be creative, please go to con ops, and get yourself a sheet of paper.

sell it at next years auction for minimum the price that the hotel wanted :P
cut the drawn parts of sell the whole thing.
quite sure that people would want it^^ or at least the 2 other things then MLP drawn on it ( http://media.furcon.de/Eurofurence/ef17/BluePaw/tn/DSC_2916.JPG )

James The Dog

Quote from: Zefiro on 11.09.2011, 21:09:41
Quote from: James The Dog on 11.09.2011, 17:36:55
-> Here <- is a way to gain access to FA mature pictures.

*purrrr*

Yes, I know how to switch the filter off, I've done it before. There's no way to view mature without having to see adult (depsite the separate ratings), and I have no desire to ever turn the filter off again because last time I did I saw stuff that made me feel ill.

Suran

Quote from: BluePaw on 12.09.2011, 19:56:06

That could just encourage people to misbehave regarding hotel property.
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)

draconigen

Quote from: Suran on 13.09.2011, 06:25:29
Quote from: BluePaw on 12.09.2011, 19:56:06

That could just encourage people to misbehave regarding hotel property.

I was going to ask Cheetah for the price, but shut my mouth because of that very exact reason. Still... Cheetah? ^.~

Cheetah

Is this a matter of price? Does it suddenly become okay to destroy other people's property because you thought it was cheap? If the owner does not give you permission, it's vandalism.
yours,

Cheetah

K9Primate

When being a guest somewhere, it is generally a good idea to try and behave.
Not only, but also to make the host be happy to have us visiting again.

Just my two cents.
Furcode: FCM3df A--- C+ D H+ M- P+ R+ T+ W--- Z Sm RLAT a++ c e f- h* i+ j* p- sm+

BluePaw

forgot the encuraging part of it. but it wasn't that way i ment. just make it clear that it is very not okey. i just ment it as a manner of getting the money back for the output.
but ofc it's far from okey! (try to tape up some A2-A1 papers on the walls a little everywere next year? :P as an option for going to fetch one somewere. could allso be sellable later on ^^)

edit: or the hotel could swich to paper table cloths, maybe not as grand 4-star as they normally have. but at least ther's nothing to complain about :P

Mazin

Quote from: BluePaw on 13.09.2011, 20:26:35edit: or the hotel could swich to paper table cloths, maybe not as grand 4-star as they normally have. but at least ther's nothing to complain about :P

That's a great idea until someone decides to draw with their Super-Ink-Bleed-9001 markers and stains the tables underneath. :P

Tsanawo

Quote from: BluePaw on 13.09.2011, 20:26:35edit: or the hotel could swich to paper table cloths, maybe not as grand 4-star as they normally have. but at least ther's nothing to complain about :P
Or people could just bring their own tablecloths to draw on? Or people just stop drawing on table cloths, and use something else, like paper, for their drawings?
If all the world's a stage... I want better lighting!

Suran

Usually artists are supposed bring their own paper or canvas.
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)