News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

Romans! Bring your Wine! - (Formerly called Winesampling)

Started by SenGrisane, 24.08.2011, 21:00:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Ani_Boxer

Yeah vine sampling does sound kinda dodgy xD,

Still would love to try this out as I love wine you'd need an epic size cheese board as well i'm afraid!
Jehhya!

GeorgeFoxtail

may I'm too find some bottles in my cellar... a few years collected to share with all of you=^,^=
drinking alone is no fun

Pinky

I have a friend who has recently conducted fieldwork in Borneo. Perhaps I can convince him to bring some vines from the rain forests there?  ;D

Jokes aside, though, I will definitely try to make it to this event. Who am I to turn down alcohol? *lol* But do we have a connoisseur (no, not a lush  :P ) with the necessary knowledge who can introduce the wines for us?
And so I say the things I say
And do the things I do
And if you do not like it, then
To hell, my dear, with you

SenGrisane

Uncle Kage has agreed to do talk about the white vine.

But we'd still need an expert on red vine.

(Btw. What would be the proper English term for "Weinverkostung?"

Pinky

I said:

Quote from: Pinky on 10.01.2012, 13:13:18
a connoisseur (no, not a lush  :P )

;) ;D j/k that sounds awesome. Don't know who could do the red wines though. And about your German word, I have no idea O.o Google translate simply says wine tasting, is that what you're after?
And do the things I do

Cheetah

Please, people... it's WINE. With a "w" :) I know it's confusing, because wine is made from grapes, which grow on vines in a vineyard. So ethymologically, the two words have a certain common ancestry. But today, "wine" is the beverage, and "vine" is a certain type of plant :)
yours,

Cheetah

Pinky

Quote from: Cheetah on 11.01.2012, 12:38:08
Please, people... it's WINE. With a "w" :) I know it's confusing, because wine is made from grapes, which grow on vines in a vineyard. So ethymologically, the two words have a certain common ancestry. But today, "wine" is the beverage, and "vine" is a certain type of plant :)

Oh stop v(h)ining!  ;) :P

Haha sorry, I couldn't resist. I'll shut up now and stop derailing the thread.  ;D
And do the things I do

SenGrisane

Quote from: Cheetah on 11.01.2012, 12:38:08

Didn't you know small typos are the best way to attract more readers? ;3

Barney

Would be funny if, after all these typos, someone actually would show up with a piece of vine and say "Here, have a bite of this". ;D
A box of chocolates is like a fursuit, you never know what's inside...

Santa fox

Quote from: Barney on 12.01.2012, 13:18:35
Would be funny if, after all these typos, someone actually would show up with a piece of vine and say "Here, have a bite of this". ;D

Or vine wine.. though, I do wonder how that would work out.

Ani_Boxer

Jehhya!

Stripe Kazama

Hug The Tiger And Get A Free Lollipop.

Kamikaze

Nothing to read here...

SenGrisane

Time flies ^^

I have talked with the winemaker and I think I will be able to bring about 25-30 bottles. He will also give me some flyers about the wine for people to read about.
I also have a ride now which allows me transport.

Now that the two main problems are solved

My remaining questions are:
Are there any other people interested in bringing wine for this?
We still need an expert for red wine. Does anyone know one?
How do I get this event approved? Is there some form to fill out for these kind of things?

SenGrisane

Hello?

Nobody interested in this anymore? I am not gonna buy a ton of wine if I am not sure it will get used.