News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

Alcohol

Started by Furrikka, 01.03.2007, 00:42:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Okami

By reading all these recipes for drinks I wonder how many furs will be send home because of being to drunk.
If you hear a wolf howl, you can guess which pain he feels.

Arwooo~!

somewolf

QuoteI wonder how many furs will be send home because of being to drunk.

let this be my problem

i wonder how many will miss a great con, cool events, meeting new friends 'cause of being drunk!

''have you been to ef?''   ''yes but i can't remember''  whata nice pic for the public /(

just
somewolf

BigBlueFox

It has never been that bad, neither at EF nor at MMC. People tend to drink a lot of alcohol, but they usually also know when to stop. You'll always have a handful of people who don't know how to behave, but these are less than 1% of the attendees.
Director of Video
Director of EF Prime
Director of Social Media

Okami

Quote from: BigBlueFox on 07.06.2007, 20:01:13
It has never been that bad, neither at EF nor at MMC. People tend to drink a lot of alcohol, but they usually also know when to stop. You'll always have a handful of people who don't know how to behave, but these are less than 1% of the attendees.

Well, that's still at least up to five people but good to know.
If you hear a wolf howl, you can guess which pain he feels.

Arwooo~!

somewolf

hey BBF you are right: it never was a problem
i just picked up Okamis refference to the amount of talk here about how to get drunk

ok let me re-write my last post:

i'm pretty sure noone will need the help of the paramedics for being drunk too much this time

i'm realy sure about that  *hint*

just
somewolf

Cheetah

Quote from: Recherei on 07.06.2007, 18:48:35
I think it would still be safe to drink after all that time.

What I don't get is why everybody here seems so keen on making intentionally bad drinks :)
yours,

Cheetah

KennoFox

Because thats the fun with drinking, anyone with abit of knowledge can make a new special drink that wont make you go blind

Cheetah

Quote from: KennoFox on 08.06.2007, 11:24:46
Because thats the fun with drinking, anyone with abit of knowledge can make a new special drink that wont make you go blind

Kenno, I was talking about INTENTIONALLY BAD drinks, like using "alcohol powder" or "nuclear waste" and then bragging about how fast it turns you into a babbling puking idiot. Like, what half of this thread is about :) I find it rather immature.
yours,

Cheetah

Blue_Panther

Quote from: KennoFox on 08.06.2007, 11:24:46

Given the suggestions of "alcohol powder" or "nuclear waste" I very much challenge the knowledge of alcoholic beverages. A professional Bar Attendant - whom I don't think you will challenge his knowledge for obvious reasons - will most certainly have a smile and firm "No" to most of the suggestions here :)

And most certainly would suggest to try the lokal beer on location. I can confirm it is quite tastey.

TbW
«The trouble with quotes taken from the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine.»

Abraham Lincoln

whitewulfe

Quote from: Blue_Panther on 06.06.2007, 18:27:41
*grins* appart form that, I am wondering if I am the only one worried by the aspect of "cheap" alcohol? Face it, if it's cheap, it is either a headache enhancer or a drinkable cleaning substitute.

And people wonder why I'm willing to spend $40-60 CAD on a 750 of vodka when I could buy a bottle of Finlandia or - dare I say it - Silent Sam...  ^_^

I'll second the whole "what's the point" to getting drunk on one shot bit...  Alcohol is supposed to be enjoyed, not abused.

Runo

Ahhh, Finlandia is not THAT bad, at least the one you get in Finland... But Koskenkorva is better...  ;)

Jojo
Elämä on epävarmaa - syö jälkiruoka ensin!

LJ | Twitter | dA | FA | My Suits

whitewulfe

Quote from: Runoratsu on 10.06.2007, 01:19:49
Ahhh, Finlandia is not THAT bad, at least the one you get in Finland... But Koskenkorva is better...  ;)

Jojo

We seem to get not so great imports here in Canada...  Absynthe that's lacking wormwood (and taste, lol), our Bols vodka comes in a plastic container and has insane amounts of sugar in it (literally, we jokingly call it 40% sugar here in the house), and Finlandia... I dunno, Smirnoff tastes better.. *shrugs*  But if I had to pick anything, gimme mah 42 Below or Liquid Ice. :)

Nightfox

Seen in eosfoxx livejournal..........just interesting:  http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/mensch/0,1518,488725,00.html

whitewulfe

Quote from: Nightfox on 15.06.2007, 21:21:25
Seen in eosfoxx livejournal..........just interesting:  http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/mensch/0,1518,488725,00.html

I managed to catch "sex" "drugs" and "alcohol".  beyond that, got me what it's about, lol

Nightfox

Its a study about british teenagers, who are not able to handle alcohol anymore.