News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF20 Furrbus?

Started by Nienna87, 19.01.2014, 00:18:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Nienna87

will this years convention have furbus going from the airport to the hotal?   also for early bird arival and late?

SouthPaw

Quote from: Nienna87 on 19.01.2014, 00:18:14
will this years convention have furbus going from the airport to the hotal?   also for early bird arival and late?

Given that Berlin has two airports within (relatively) easy reach of the hotel by public transport, I think it's fairly safe to assume there won't be a furry bus this year.
--
SouthPaw, southie (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk

Pinky

I flew in last weekend and even a dummy like me could easily get there. You just hop onto the Ringbahn (circle line) and get off at the hotel, it's right next to a station on the line.

You can read a lot more here: http://www.estrel.com/en/location-directions.html
And so I say the things I say
And do the things I do
And if you do not like it, then
To hell, my dear, with you

RedFoxy

I'm scared, I never got an bus in germany

Jorinda

Quote from: RedFoxy on 20.01.2014, 12:07:33
I'm scared, I never got an bus in germany
There's no need to be scared. We all learn english in school, so you won't have problems finding someone who can help you in case you don't know where to go. Especially in a town that's visited by many tourists.

o'wolf

Quote from: Jorinda on 20.01.2014, 18:59:29
There's no need to be scared. We all learn english in school, so you won't have problems finding someone who can help you in case you don't know where to go. Especially in a town that's visited by many tourists.

Soso, he wants to the Estrel go! Na det is me ja equal right, not speak a word German aba one uff big pocket make!

;D
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

Schorse

Drift

@ RedFoxy: Taking the bus in Germany is not much different than taking the bus in Italy  :).
Ma se voi ti do una mano a cercare il bus giusto - manda mi un messago ;)

Wotan

Hehehe is a problem for the people that normally dont leave his/her own country, but as people say we know some english and we have maps and some directions on the main Estrel Hotel web i think will be realive easy to get there :D. Is my first time leaving my country without school or parents hehehe will be fun :D
Born to be wild!!!!

SouthPaw

With in excess of 1600 attendees, there's a distinct possibility that a whole bunch of furs will get to the airports at around the same time, making it easy for you all to get lost together  ;D
--

Jorinda

Quote from: SouthPaw on 21.01.2014, 01:39:14
With in excess of 1600 attendees, there's a distinct possibility that a whole bunch of furs will get to the airports at around the same time, making it easy for you all to get lost together  ;D
Like last year... arriving at the main station, now where do I have to go... oh, I'll just follow those 20 guys with tails and plushies  ;D.

Wotan

Totally true xD i think the same ahahaha is the same at the Manga/Anime conventions, follow those cosplayed guys and you will find the place :D is the best way to find it :)
Born to be wild!!!!

RedFoxy

Quote from: Drift on 20.01.2014, 22:52:50
@ RedFoxy: Taking the bus in Germany is not much different than taking the bus in Italy  :).
Ma se voi ti do una mano a cercare il bus giusto - manda mi un messago ;)
thank you but i'm still looking for the airplane :P

lynard

You can plan your tour with the public transportation systems on the homepage of the BVG (which operates the busses, trams and subways), they even have an english version of their homepage, the networkplans and their tourplanner:
http://www.bvg.de/index.php/en/index.html

SouthPaw

Or just follow the instructions given on the EF website. Whilst it doesn't give the fastest routes from the airports, they're the easiest to follow, particularly from Tegel as the two buses involved start at the Airport and Hauptbahnhof respectively.
--