News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

Article in the Ringberg's Hotel newspaper

Started by Tambako, 17.08.2008, 19:59:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Tambako

I hope that this hasn't been already posted here.
The Ringberg Hotel publishes twice a year a small newspaper, and for sure they also wrote a small article about EF13 in their Spring/Summer 08 edition. The newspaper, in PDF format, is available at the following address, but is in German unfortunately :
http://www.ringberghotel.de/fileadmin/user_upload/hausjournal/Ringberg_Hotel_GZ_1-08_fuer_WWW.pdf
You cannot miss the article on page 2, the picture is big enough! :)

Avalanche

Awesome :D Lets some someone can provide us with a translation :D

Tambako

Yeah, I just realized that I forgot to mention that it's in German. I do hope that someone will take the time to do it! I could do it, but I have to find the time, but certainly someone could do it better than me since none of these languages are my first ones.

kyyanno

Babelfish provides a rather amusing translation :P

Also, notice that Andre the barman has a mini-interview slot to the right hand side of the article about EF13, and it even mentions his "Hairless Master" moniker that started up from the forums here ;D
My will is strong, my focus is set, my.....oooohh, shinies!

Kyyanno T. Cheetah, terrorising slow moving things everywhere since 1980 =^|.|^=

Gyroplast

Pseudonymous delivers. You may buy me a drink later.  ;D

I tried to stick to the original wording as close as possible. That includes the various occasions of mixed tenses and disgustingly short sentences. Don't blame me!

http://www.veloxis.de/fridge/Ringberg_Hotel_GZ_1-08_fuer_WWW-page2-en.pdf
http://www.veloxis.de/fridge/Ringberg_Hotel_GZ_1-08_fuer_WWW-page2-en.txt  (utf8)
Give a man a fish, cats will pester him for a day. Teach a man to fish, cats will plague him for a lifetime.

Avalanche

Lokosicek

Danke schön, Diky moc, Spasiba, Thank you, Muchas gracias, Merci, und so weiter :)
Phantom of LiveJournals and EF forums...

Barney

Quote from: Lokosicek on 18.08.2008, 11:56:56
Danke schön, Diky moc, Spasiba, Thank you, Muchas gracias, Merci, und so weiter :)

Not to forget "Dank je wel" :D
A box of chocolates is like a fursuit, you never know what's inside...

Lokosicek

Quote from: kyyanno on 18.08.2008, 06:23:26
Babelfish provides a rather amusing translation :P

Also, notice that Andre the barman has a mini-interview slot to the right hand side of the article about EF13, and it even mentions his "Hairless Master" moniker that started up from the forums here ;D

Hehe, The Hairless Master of Alcohol :) I must try some of his drinks at EF, as I did not done that before. Would you reccomend some?

BTW: They chose a nice photo for the article, didnt they? CodyDawg and JaegerFuchs  ;D

Sketchkat/Tiggie

Skie

Lokosicek

Quote from: kyyanno on 18.08.2008, 06:23:26...notice that Andre the barman has a mini-interview slot to the right hand side of the article about EF13, and it even mentions his "Hairless Master" moniker that started up from the forums here...

I should propably mention the Hairless Master of Alcohol registered on the EF forum last year, and yesterday he registered again under the name Hairless Master 2008...  ;D ;D ;D  and he has a badge from Tani as his user icon :D

AkiFox

There was also a report on a local TV station... i could post the link here but unfortunately it doesn't have english subs...

Lokosicek

AkiFox: Just post it, should be fun to see :) Thankies

AkiFox